Crest expansion with the use of Densah Burs

122 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Implants

A patient who wanted upper bar and lower bar for prosthesis retention had very resorpted maxillary and mandibular resorptions.
With the aid of Densah Burs in reverse mode (osseodensification) we could insert 4 upper implants and 3 lower implants with good final torque insertion.
All of them with more than 40 Nw.
I´ve been told that also with osseodensification, integration time is reduced. This is something we have to explore yet.
Jorge

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Crest expansion with the use of Densah Burs

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

Jorge. Nice work. I also have used these burs in this manner. It will be interesting to see how the expanded and "densified" bone compares to "conventional" grafted bone. Please keep us posted. Thank you for sharing. Best regards. Chuck

Hi Chuck, these burs are very helpfull for treating this kind of cases. The "osseodensification" concept makes sense to me. We have to , as you propose, compare the densified bone with the normal bone in order to establish oseointegration speed.
Thanks for your comments!
Jorge

Jorge
Very nice!
I also find these burs to be extremely beneficial in these types of cases. If they reduce the integration time yet another benefit.
Thanks for posting!
Emil

Hi Emil, yes, we´re waiting for the histologicall studies about bone maturation with the "osseodensification mode".
Thanks for commenting.
Jorge

BTI
Omnia