Corrección gingival y carillas cerámicas.

40 Rating(s).

Posted on By Eduardo Duarte In Anterior/Esthetic

Paciente femenina que concurre a la consulta por motivos estéticos. Presenta múltiples retracciones gingivales en ambos maxilares . Se realizan injertos de tejido conectivo subepitelial , con técnica de túnel para corregir retracciones en el sector antero-superior. Para finalizar se realizan carillas cerámicas de e-max en las piezas 13.12.11.21.22.23.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Corrección gingival y carillas cerámicas.

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

a well done case.
ceramics are needed at gingival areas but shades are usually an issue.
use direct composites for gingival simulation is better

Posted on 01.09.2011 12:32 PM By Eduardo Duarte In Previous / Esthetic
Female patient who attends the consultation for aesthetic reasons. It has multiple gingival retractions in both jaws. Subepithelial connective tissue grafts are performed using a tunnel technique to correct retractions in the anterior-superior sector. Finally, ceramic veneers of e-max are made in pieces 13.12.11.21.22.23.

This is a very nicely and technically done case. My question is 'WHY????'
Why does this patient have recession and abfractions?
The issues with this case (from a distance of 1,000+ miles and no mounted models) involve the position of the teeth that have created a traumatic occlusion that lacks harmony. If I am correct, the gingival recession will continue and you might see either delamination and/or fracture of the porcelain at the gingiva in the shape of a semi-lunar shear fracture.

I believe that a relatively few number of dentists want to explore WHY the teeth, bone and soft tissues look like they do i.e. gingival recession, abfractions , incisal chipping/thinning prior to wanting to treat.

This is a long-term prescription for failure.

Omnia
KLS Martin