Conservative Cracked Tooth Syndrome

110 Rating(s).

Posted on By Matthew Gillespie In Composite Resin

This patient presented with Cracked Tooth Syndrome. Sensitivity to biting pressure and an exaggerated response to cold testing.

Upon removing the old mercury filling you the fracture into dentin is apparent as well as recurrent (iatrogenic) caries.

The fracture was able to be completely removed. Caries was removed the same protocols from my previous case. Affected dentin was intentionally left in place inside the peripheral seal zone as this was greater than 3 mm from the axial wall.

After cleaning I completed immediate dentin sealing followed by resin coating. I allowed this bond to mature for 5 minutes before I started my layering process. I used Kurarary APX as my dentin replacement and Kurarary Majesty Posterior as my enamel replacement.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Conservative Cracked Tooth Syndrome

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

Matthew...nice result...what did you place over the deep area in 'dentin sealing'?

A common and poorly understood issue. Thanks for sharing. Dr. Salama

BioHorizons
Hu-Friedy