Congenitally missing centrals

122 Rating(s).

Posted on By Ben Lashley In Bone Grafting

This 41 yo female presents with several congenitaly missing teeth. All areas are implant ready except the central mandible. very little bone thickness and marginal tissue thickness. Options seem to be imediate placement with GBR, Khoury technique or bridge with no implants. Interested if anyone else has had success with this delicate area and if so how would anyone attack the area.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Congenitally missing centrals

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

9 Comments

Move laterals in the centrals position and place implants in the laterals sites. might need some surgical assistance to expedite the movement.

I just want to write the same!!!

Very creative...I like it!!

Excellent idea. Surgical assistance? as in perforation or the cortical plate interproximally?

Exactly.

Here you go....Ortho GBR!!

Ortho Neogenesis
After Implants

Another option Ben...Khoury Plates

Khoury Plates
Occlusal view

Very challenging case .... seems that the patient still have a temporary second molar and other missing teeth, which indicates congenitally missing other teeth ???as well as the lower canines seem to be mal shaped ....I would suggest ortho consultation for ability to move all dental complex ( premolar to premolar) to be moved mesially and to close the apace by ortho treatment ( if possible ??) then place the implants in the posteriorly created edentulous area...... then modifying the shape of canine to be as a lateral by means of comoposite or veneer or crown. I would love to see what was the treatment plan or the results ..... Thanks for sharing

BTI
Brasseler