Composite Veneer

115 Rating(s).

Posted on By ashok gowda In Composite Resin

Hi all, its a conservative treatment for an year old endo treated, discolored left lateral Incisor. Pt. is 24 yrs old, he came for full crown. I gave the option for only direct or indirect veneer just to conserve the natural tooth structure, he opted for direct.
At present he is using home bleach (night white ACP) to whiten the remaining teeth. He wanted lighter shade on lateral so that he can bring the shade of other teeth to that of lateral. Just abraded the surface of lateral, Used renamel microfill, opaquer and creative colors. Thanks.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Composite Veneer

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

9 Comments

How do you determine color matching shades...Dr. Salama

Hi Mourice, Only through repeated practice. Iam still learning, i really dont know whether i can able to give natural color match to ALL my cases in my life time. Its bit challenging.

To brief, i always use Renamel Microfill from Cosmedent for anterior work, (as recommended by my mentor Dr.Gerald Benjamin) i take small blobs of different shades and layer it on the working tooth and select the most appropriate one. Some times we have to use creative colors like amber, grey , blue, white, ochre etc to modify Hue, Chroma, and Value. Regards.

Ashok, When did you take the after photo? I am asking because it appears the adjacent teeth have slightly more yellow into the shade and perhaps in another week or so after completion the shade would blend in more. Also, I check the patient within a week or two and sometimes I need to do a 'touch up' veneer surface to perfect the final color.

Dr. Ronald, that's an immediate post op. I agree with your prediction of shade match after few days, me and patient both have to decide when to stop the whitening procedure. Regards.

Dear Ronald
How do you add the new resin to old resin?is it a reliable bond between two?do you need to sand blast?

When I have to 'touch up' the direct bonded veneer surface I use and ET 6 30 micron diamond to take off the outer layer of the veneer. Next I use air abrasion on the entire surface before adding new layers of adhesive, resin, and then a microfill composite.

Omnia
Dentalxp