Composite Restoration

2 Rating(s).

Posted on By ashok gowda In Composite Resin

This patient had difficulty in flossing due to previous restoration which is 2 months old (it looks like Glass Ionomer Miracle Mix filling). She was really irritated and didnt know why she cannot floss between these two bicuspids. Came for consultation, Initially the work really looked very simple, but at the end i felt a straight forward Implant case is less stressful for me than class 2 resin restoration IF we follow the rules of adhesive dentistry . But for a good prognosis and to avoid leakage, sensitivity, fracture and to loose hopes on longevity of composite restorations its really worth to incorporate the basics of adhesive dentistry irrespective of any class of cavities. Ashok.

No place to floss
Filling in proximal area

Isolation is the key in resin dentistry.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Composite Restoration

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

12 Comments

Pulp Protection

Additional retraction and isolation through cord

Post occlusal adjustment

Cool Ashok! Perfect!
Regards
Jorge

Thanks Jorge.

Dr Ashok

Beautiful, Art in the mouth :)

You and Dr Benjamin make it look easy. I know it is not

Rocco

Thanks Dr.Rocco, yes, you are right, what ever iam doing in restorative field is due to Dr. Gerald's mentoring, Credit goes to him.

great contacts, Ashok....what type of wedging did you use? AND a valuable treatment at this time especially since there may eventually a root canal needed on the tooth with the very deep cavity.

Thanks Dr.Ronald, i used a simple plastic wedge, in this case it has worked for me. Yor are right, at this point of time tooth with a deep cavity is totally asymptomatic, in future R.C.T may or may not be required.

Ritter
Omnia