Changing the Oclussion: ¨Through the Anterior Guide and vertical dimention¨

3 Rating(s).

Posted on By mariano estrada In Occlusion

Different oclussal schemes and jaw realations sometimes can limit the esthetics outcomes of some patients looking to improve esthetics or full mouth rehabilitations.
The understanding of the components of the masticatory system and their function can help us overcome some difulties doe the to the over bite , the over jet can limit the way of the treatment plan, management of the oclussion by increasing the vertical dimension and the anterior guidance can improve esthetics results and function in the different mal occlusion classifications.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Changing the Oclussion: ¨Through the Anterior Guide and vertical dimention¨

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

8 Comments

Very nice case Dr. Estrada, good job and a great result! congratulations, Dr. Pantaleon.

Thanks Dr Pantaleon.
This case we augmented the vercal dimesion with stopers in posterior crowns and onlays.

Mariano, great and complete case treatment! The result was a complete change for the patient. Looks younger, due to vertical dimension augmentation.
Congratulations.
Jorge

Thanks Dr. Jorge
He visto varios de sus trabajos y es un honor recibir sus buenos comentarios.

Mariano congratulations on a very nice case. the patient certainly has a very different occlusion and aesthetics. Thanks for sharing,
Best regards,
Manuel

Excelente caso dr. Mariano !! Que tiempo deja al paciente , si es que lo deja , con una restauración provisoria para evaluar la nueva dimensión vertical ( signos y síntomas ). Muchas gracias por compartir ! Felicitaciones nuevamente ! Saludos dr Duarte !

Thank you very much for your comments
After determining the vertical dimension THROUGH the intra oral mock up i, we did the wax up, that from which they made a provisonals and left approx.for 2 months.
During this period we evaluated the posibles symptoms.

Excellent result! I have done a number of patients with the exact malocclusion some keeping the same position and others with the same technique as you showed. The patient shown here required me to keep the same occlusion because he would have fractured the teeth if I had built them out and orthodontics was not an option.

Before Smile
After Smile

360 Imaging
KLS Martin