CBCT In Endodontics

1 Rating(s).

Posted on By ashok gowda In CBCT & CAD/CAM

Many of the failed root canal treated teeth can be treated very effectively just by applying the diagnostic science of CBCT. Sharing a case of Re - endo where i could able to identify the reason for failure with the help of this scan. Referred case, RC treated 4 yrs back, persistent dull pain. They had decided to extract by guessing that there could be a vertical fracture.

On CBCT analysis, i came to know that the second mesial canal ( MB2) was not addressed initially. These are hard to see in IOPA'S most of the times. As soon as i cleaned that canal and gave an intracanal dressing the symptoms vanished. Its healing now. Thanks to CBCT.

Pre Op

Missed MB2 canal can be seen

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on CBCT In Endodontics

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

8 Comments

Hi Ashok,

Good case, but is there sufficient tooth structure to predictably hold a crown?

Regards

Hi Adoni thanks. The old PFM crown was holding the same tooth for 4 years. If she didn't have this root canal pathology then this crown must have served for couple of years more. This patient is somehow keen on retaining this tooth, let's do it, nothing harm, I can place implant any time in future. I will go ahead with bonding principles for both core build up as well as to it's final crown. That's more predictable than cementing.
In a era of extraction and implant placement, if they get any hope to retain their natural teeth, most of the patient's opt for retaining, even if it's for a short term goal. This is just my experience. Regards

BTI
NovaBone