A Case Before Socket Shield---Would Shielding Give a Better Result?

6 Rating(s).

Posted on By Emil DDS In Implants

Spending time with Chuck and Jorge at the XP meeting has me considering using the socket shield technique.
In this case I used the root for guidance before extraction. I think this might have been a good case for the shield approach. This is a 4 year follow-up and I cannot complain about the result but do wonder how much more a reward would I have gotten with the shield. I guess I am waiting for some of the 5 year follow-ups with the socket shield.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on A Case Before Socket Shield---Would Shielding Give a Better Result?

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

6 Comments

Emil,
very good long term result. Probably the use of PET on this particular case would have added but so significally.
Recent reasearch shows that bone thickness in maxillary anterior vestibular area is below of 1 mm most of the time, but in about 5/8 % bone range is between 1.5 and 3 mm.
So if your case is within last range statistic,follow up will continue being favorable.
Esthetic and end result is very very nice. My compliments.
Thanks for sharing.
Armando

Emil. Very solid approach with a very nice result. I have managed single site cases such as this for many years with similar success. However, this has become my second choice of treatment because single implant sites preclude multiple implant sites. Can we assume this will always remain a implant single site? Well done. Thank you for sharing.best regards. Chuck.

Chuck

I learned many years ago I could not predict the future.

A singe site for the last 4 years----who knows in the future??

Emil

Armando

Thank-you!

Thick Flat phenotypes respond well to conventional treatments IMHO. Dr. Salama

Maurice
Case selection is a big part of success IMHO!

Thank-you for confirming my judgement!

Emil

Augma Bio
Dentalxp