Brassler NSK Piezo unit

0 Rating(s).

Posted on By In Sinus Augmentation

Just utilized the Brassler NSK implant motor and Piezo for Bone Graft and Sinus Lift. Both units are top of line in quality and displayed excellent power and cutting effeciency. I was quite impressed. Take a look.
Dr. Salama

Add a comment to the discussion on Brassler NSK Piezo unit
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
Edit Comment
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

[quote=Maurice Salama]Just utilized the Brassler NSK implant motor and Piezo for Bone Graft and Sinus Lift. Both units are top of line in quality and displayed excellent power and cutting effeciency. I was quite impressed. Take a look.
Dr. Salama[/quote]
Dear Dr.Salama ,just a question ;what happens when sneiderian membrane is paper thin and is ruptured with a big defect exposing the entire sinus ?I curretted the entire sinus of the remnants of the membrane [Hardly Any].Now the question is how does one stabilise the graft mixed with Fibrin Plug in vast area of the entire sinus?

Ashish; Difficult situation but Dr. Pikos has written on this and describes the utilization of a collagen barrier secured to the lateral wall of the sinus with bone tacks and extending into the sinus to assist in "containing" the graft material. I additionally utilize fibrin PRGF in addition to the collagen barrier to protect the membrane and the "sticky" nature of the PRGF keeps my graft together and does not allow the particles from "floating" away into the problem areas of the sinus. This is often what causes post-op complications and infection. A new pre-formed and stiff collagen material has been put on the market by Zimmer that may very useful in these kinds of situations as it is shaped as a "capsule" to contain the graft material. Hope that helps Dr. Salama

[quote=Maurice Salama]Ashish;
Difficult situation but Dr. Pikos has written on this and describes the utilization of a collagen barrier secured to the lateral wall of the sinus with bone tacks and extending into the sinus to assist in "containing" the graft material. I additionally utilize fibrin PRGF in addition to the collagen barrier to protect the membrane and the "sticky" nature of the PRGF keeps my graft together and does not allow the particles from "floating" away into the problem areas of the sinus. This is often what causes post-op complications and infection. A new pre-formed and stiff collagen material has been put on the market by Zimmer that may very useful in these kinds of situations as it is shaped as a "capsule" to contain the graft material.
Hope that helps
Dr. Salama[/quote]
Dear Dr. Salama,
Thank You,
Ashish

Ziv Mazor Sinus Lift Seminar. The 1 hour lecture was the most informative lecture on the Sinus Lift I have ever seen. It was better than many I have seen live and the quality of the voice and images were impressive considering it was done over the internet. In addition, he spent a full 30 minutes answering questions posted from attendees around the world. When is the next webinar on XP?
I am trying to open up my schedule to attend the live hands-on Sinus course in Atlanta April 16-17 with Dr. Mazor but if not is there another date scheduled?
Sam

Recent Posts

68 Rating(s)
1 Rating(s)
63 Rating(s)
116 Rating(s)
156 Rating(s)