The beauty of PRF and a safer crestal sinus lift approach

101 Rating(s).

Posted on By Sherif Salama In Bio-modifiers: BMP-2 / PRGF

extracted the upper right 7 for the patient due to a failing restoration, Prf was used a s a sole socket preservation material, 4 months later an amazing amount of bone was formed in the place of the previous roots,i planned the implant and designed the surgical guide myself(pilot protocol),3 mm of sinus were planned to be lifted with the old school osteotome technique however in this case I decided to incorporate Prf in my sinus lift procedure by placing Prf in the osteotomy followed by bone graft prior to green stick fracture the sinus floor to act as a cushion and to be a safety measure in case of contacting the membrane then osteotome was inserted and tapped to elevate the floor and the implant was placed with healing abutment utilizing poncho technique ............. what do u think guys

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on The beauty of PRF and a safer crestal sinus lift approach

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

1 Comments

Nice result and no doubt of radiographic success. I have moved away from this style technique years ago do to the trauma and concussion effect of the mallet...and possible side effects of benign positional vertigo (BPV). Dr. Salama

DoWell Dental Products
PET Kit