Awaiting for the densah drill.

139 Rating(s).

Posted on By armando ponzi In Implants

The possibility of combining multiple technique and knowledge may enable several mininvasive procedure .
The patient needed to extract tooth #16 and implant position required a bone condensing procedure that has been performed ‘manually’ with bone expanders.
This procedure is ,IMO, time consuming and there’s a lot of patient discomfort receiving many hits and vibration: I must assume that the densah drill could be an invaluable tool in a situation like this.
So I’ll be looking forward to use them.
And I want to share a thought about the PET solution: look at the ‘stormy’ palatal and central area of the alveolus and do compare that with vestibular intact area: PET acting as a shield that provides isolation on both sides with no removal nor replacement of any tissue or material, being itself a gold standard as material and structure.
We historically considered the tooth root a ‘foreign body’ but it might be time for a paradigm change.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Awaiting for the densah drill.

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

15 Comments

Armando
The extraction of that tooth leaving the buccal shield is perfect. IMO
The implant placement and condensation of bone ( with or without OD ) is very nice. Im sure the drills will make it less stressful for both you and patient.
Thanks for this,always helpful to me.

Rocco

Rocco,
thanks for kind word. I suppose that Densah drill, that I saw that you are using frequently, may improve several specific activities.
It is always a pleasure and an opportunity to learn from you.
Armando

Armando, I love it! You are right, the shield that you left mantains the volume, vascularization and keratinized gingiva.
My option for molars is just your example. If there is no height on the interseptum, just use the palatal socket, keeping the buccal shield. Thanks for posting.
Jorge

Armando. I love this protocol and agree the Densah burs would be ideal instrumentation. Especially so if sinus elevation was necessary. Do you have any radiographs to share? I am curious to know what parameters you used to decide implant diameter and shield configuration. Is this the final shield configuration? I can't wait to see how you manage the restorative phase.GREAT CASE and thank you for sharing. Be well my friend. Chuck.

Chuck, thanks for the great questions, I will try and answer. As you know I'm on digital approach, so this patient received 2 PET on #12 guided and on #6 not guided but studied in advance with implant simulation in terms of ideal position, diameter(5mm) in relation to bone thickness and lenght (10mm) in relation to sinus.You can find that on the pictures below. I will be glad to send an x-ray control shortly and share the follow up of the case. Thanks. Armando

Armando

Very nice!

A paradigm shift is on the way with the Densah Burs. Since implementing the burs I have left my osteotomes and compactors in the drawer.

Emil

Emil,
I guess you are right! I was nicely impressed by your works on densh drill, so I'll be looking forward to confirm your findings.
Best regards.
Armando

Jorge,
you are the master here and I personally have to thank you a lot as I picked up from your cases most of my knowledge on the field.
The planning approach based on data may be of great help giving more insight before surgery.
Thanks for the kind invitation.
Armando

Armando:

Solid approach and documentation. I had a confirmation that the burs are on the way to you. You will not be disappointed with your expectations. I look forward to your input.

Salah

Salah,
I will be glad to share this exciting experience with you and Dentalxp community.
Hope to see you sometime.
Best regards.
Armando

Hello Salah,
Can your Burs be shipped to Ireland? i have emailed via densah website but have not got a response yet.

Well done Armando,

3d planning is key, even if you don't execute a guided surgery as on tooth 26.

Do you fabricate the guides yourself? Which software do you use?

Regards

Andon,
thanks for kind word. Yes, I do agree with you that planning is the key. Data are the fundamental pieces for either surgical approach, with or without items, or clinical communication.
Best regards.
Armando

A keyless approach using Densah Burs is a great option!

Densah Burs/Keyless

Emil, sounds great! Can you provide any supplementary information about the keyless system or any address where to find more data about the way system works? Many thanks. Armando