Augma- biphasic calcium sulfate after immediate implant post extraction

165 Rating(s).

Posted on By Miguel Martinez In Sinus Augmentation

Immediate extraction and implantation following internal versah sinus lift along with removal of retained buccal and palatal endodontically treated root tips left ‘years prior’. pt presented for surgical procedure last tuesday 1/15/19. pt was aware of root tips when i mentioned it to her prior procedure. so i layed a flap with consent to remove them prior to placing implants. molar 14 was extracted and a versah sinus lift was performed thru furcation after delivery of sectioned root tips. (after this weekend, using older versah burs to go straight cw thru furcation after decorination)
my question is; ive been using augma more ofter as very beneficial as a filler graft after full mouth extractions and immediate implants. its very fast to use and does not require collagen membrane if not more than 3mm exposed. however, im concerned that after (bcs) immediate implantation and its use of it to fill socket, post op xray looks void of graft material. this should fill in due time (4mo) but what are your thoughts? thanks to all. 2nd time poster, many many years dentalxp member. thanks to all for all your great posts. much appreciated.
miguel
uf
go gators

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Augma- biphasic calcium sulfate after immediate implant post extraction

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

3 Comments

just wanted to knkw when someone gets a chance, will the bone fill in after immediate implant using biphasic calcium sulfate. thank you

Not sure this is the best situation for this AUGMA augmentation material. It resorbs rather quickly so you need intact bony walls. Also, unusual to see no bone fill here radiographically, could be residual infection from previous residual root tips. In addition, I would suggest a Staged approach to these kind of cases. Attempting Versah sinus Lift through Septum of extracted molar is quite challenging even for very experienced clinicians. Slow and Steady wins the race.

follow up image below.
note. i wanted to wait a few more months to see how case progressed (new to Augma for this type of procedure). will post another xray image of this area in a few months.

Magnetic Mallet
Dentalxp