apical perforation or apical foramen?

0 Rating(s).

Posted on By Vikram Jain In Endodontics

I started rct on 28 with files tied to floss and no rubber dam due to difficult access and calcified pulp chamber.. i manage not to perforate the floor but was close to perforation..
the onlg reason i agreed to save 28 was it was the abutment tooth and pt wanted bridge.
28 all canal working length was 17mm.
10 k file inserted in mb canal and apex locator showed reading starting from green zone as 05, 04, 03 02 01,00. at 17mm wl apex locator read 00 and when i pushed it beyond it showed -01, -02.
next visit I prepared mb canal with dentsy proglider, followed by x1 protaper next, I noticed slight bleeding and slight pain, I moved on and prepared till x2 protaper next. I checked with gp cones, it appeared as if the gp cone is going laterally, but my apex locator gave tbe same type of reading, beeps 00 at 17mm. i dnt know if I have perforatwd apically or Im at working length in the apical foramen?
please suggest?

gp cone in mb canal, looking suspicious, not centered apically

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on apical perforation or apical foramen?

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

preop

Dentalxp
Magnetic Mallet