Anterior Bone Reconstruction. Khoury's Tech + Titanium Mesh

211 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jose Luis Dominguez Mompell In Bone Grafting

Here Part II of the previously posted case. Split Bone block technique (Khoury's) was used to reconstruct the buccal wall. A titanium mesh was used to reconstruct the palatal wall, giving us the opportunity of really adapting this palatal mesh to the remanent bone.
Here is the result after 16 weeks.

Please tell us what you think. All comments are welcome!

Jose L. Mompell
Juan L. Chao

Pre Op Defect
Soft Tissue 16 weeks later

Bone after 16 weeks
Implant Insertion

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Anterior Bone Reconstruction. Khoury's Tech + Titanium Mesh

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

11 Comments

Absolutely wonderful regenerative result and skills on display. Thank you for sharing. Dr. Salama

Thank you So much Maurice!
Trying to "think outside the box" We have try to merge 2 techniques, trying to get what it is best from both.

Sometimes adapting the thin bone block to the palatal side is not easy. These neorusurgical meshes are giving us quite promising results.
Although we have performed several cases following this protocol we having published yet.
First time here in Dental Xp.

Thanks to all of you for this great platform!

Jose L. Mompell
Juan L. Chao

Always impressed by your talents. Great case my friends. Warm regards. Chuck

Chuck! Thanks for your nice words my friend!

How do apply mesh in these cases in combination? Thanks Dr. S

Thanks for the question Maurice.

The Split Bone Block Technique, developed by Khoury is giving us great results, at least in a medium term Follow up (5-6 years).
After performing some dozens of augmentation procedures following this procedure we found and issue when having to do a vertical augmentation procedure in the anterior maxilla.
Palatal convexity is sometimes a big difficulty when trying to adapt the thin bone blocks (Autogenous Revascularizable Membranes). In some cases we even had to place 2 palatal bone blocks to be able to "make the palatal curve"
After experimenting with this neurosurgical meshes, we decide to use them as palatal wall. On the buccal side we continue placing a thin bone block. Their malleability and perfect rigidity (0.3mm thickness) Give us a great versatility. Ti meshes are fixed by using 3mm length selfdrilling micro screws.

Jose Mompell

What do we think?
We think that you shared with us an amazing result of absolutely creative combined materials/techniques. I can`t await to apply A R M and neurosurgical mesh in combination for ridge reconstruction.
Where are 3 mm selfdrilling micro screws available?
Thank you for generous sharing, Jose and Juan!
Warmly
Snjezana

Thanks for your kind words my friend!
3mm microscrews (1.2mm diameter) are from Stryker. Hope to see you Master!!

Great concepts....and exceptional skills. Dr. Salama

Tough case. I wonder if there is any good alternative option to achieve such amazing result ?
Nice skills Jose!

Thank you My friends! I really appreciate your words. Hope to see you soon and share experiences!
Best Regards from Spain

Jose Mompell

NovaBone
Hu-Friedy