Adjunctive orthodontics, a powerful tool.

17 Rating(s).

Posted on By yongkun kim In Periodontics

Patient presented with tooth #8 with crown off with core of the tooth fractured and retained within the crown. Option of tooth replacement with implant supported crown was discussed. Existing root anatomy was evaluated and its width and length was analyzed. Decision was made to utilize orthodontic forced eruption followed by pre prosthetic crown lengthening to salvage the tooth. Interdisciplinary treatment concept reported by Jeffrey Ingber, among many others enabled the tooth to be saved and restored to its proper form and function.

pre op
pre op

Orthodonics

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Adjunctive orthodontics, a powerful tool.

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

9 Comments

beutiful!
definitely an under utilized tool... i too managed to save many teeth using this very usful in premolar areas but not only
aryeh

Dr Gellman,
Absolutely,
Thanks for the comments.
YK

nice case presentation; good job ; please just want know the full time of orthodontic treatment ?

Dr El Ouchdi,
Thanks for your kind comment
most of the cases sufficient eruption can be achieved within about 6weeks.
Thanks

Great work Yongkun...Most are too quick to extract and implant not understanding that the implant may be a success but an esthetic nightmare.
Regards,
gerald

Dr Benjamin,
Can't agree with you better. Thanks for your comments.
Regards,
YK

YK, you know how much I love seeing this. Beautifully managed. Well done.

Dr. Salama,
Its one of my favorite procedures too.
Doing my best to get to use the knowledge you shared with me at Penn.
Got to see Dr. Ingber at our department meeting few days ago and couldn't resist but to share this case with him. He was happy see his name mentioned.
Regards,
YK

3Shape
KLS Martin