3D Bone Reconstruction in the aesthetic area with Xenograft

123 Rating(s).

Posted on By Emilio Rodriguez-Fernández In Bone Grafting

A 56 years old woman in good general health condition, non smoker, and with missing teeth and bone defect (3D) in the anterior maxilla. I proposed a dental extraction of the canine (periodontal) and a 3D bone reconstruction using porcine lamina to restore the buccal and the palatal plates, then grafting the gap with autologous bone chips and xenograft, and a resolvable collagen membrane. Here I show to you the primary results after 3 weeks. I hope you like it!

Please leave your comments,

Thanks

Emilio

Initial situation
3D reconstruction

Grafting
suture nylon 5/0

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on 3D Bone Reconstruction in the aesthetic area with Xenograft

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

6 Comments

Nice case. I am looking forward to the re-entry and results. How long do you wait before re-entering these sites with the porcine lamina bone?

Hi Naheed! Thank you for your comment. I usually wait for 9 months before the re-entry.

Impressive indeed!!! COMPLIMENTS. Maurice

Thanks a lot!!! I just want to try to find new ways to approach this kind of cases.

It’s a really very good job! Just few cases seen. Great. Can’t wait for the nexts. Thanks for sharing. Beatrice

Thank you Beatrice!

Of course I will! Give me some time.

My best,

Emilio

KLS Martin
BioHorizons