3D Autogenous Bone Augmentation

204 Rating(s).

Posted on By Howard Gluckman In Bone Grafting

This case had massive bone destruction from apical infections left for manny years. The buccal palatial destruction was clearly evident when opening but more bone was needed than expected. Ramos and chin was harvested and graft stabilized with both buccal and occlusal blocks. The palatal was supported by periosteum.
4 months healing then onto 2 implants in the 12 and 21 areas.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on 3D Autogenous Bone Augmentation

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

10 Comments

Howie, a true master! The perfect curvature on buccal is a great detail on this masterpiece. Congrats for your educational work. Thanks again, Jorge

Thanks My friend.

This is just beautiful ... !!

Excelente rompecabezas Howard !!! Mis felicitaciones !!

thank you gentlemen

Great Case Howie! Always looking forward to see your cases and learn! Do you have 3D pictures of your implant placement? Best Regards, Gregory

Gregory we have not placed the implants yet. `we will place them in about 4-5 months. I will keep you up to date

Howie, remarkable. I have never harvested from both chin and ramus at the same time. What are the patient management and surgical concerns? Thanks again Mo

Thanks Mo. I don’t often harvest from both but whe I opened this case and the amount of bone damage I saw it became clear I needed more bone. However that being said the patient took pain killers the first night and then nothing after that. I often harvest both the left and right ramps for full arch cases. I have never had an issue.

Incredible.

BioHorizons
Brasseler