2ND X-NAV CASE OF THE YEAR

5 Rating(s).

Posted on By William Yant In Implants

For clarification, we have now used x-nav on nearly 200 cases. As a rural general dentist this case may seem a bit " out over my skies " but I think it illustrates the wonderful techniques and training I get with Dental XP. This patient was seen post extraction for an implant in area 30. The bone graft was completed using Istvan Urban's "sausage graft" technique. Bone scraper was used to achieve a 50/50 mix of autogenous bone with bio-oss. This was then mixed wit PRGF and a collagen barrier tightly tacked into place. I waited 5 months to place the implant. I have 8mm directly above the nerve but with the width of bone I achieved I elected to place the implant on a slight angle. The restoring dentist will be able to place a screw retained implant for the patient. X-NAV navigated approach was use to allow for an 8mm implant 1.5 mm from the nerve.

Initial image
Post Graft

X-NAV Plan
Post op Pan

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on 2ND X-NAV CASE OF THE YEAR

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

Precision and control. Outstanding. Thank you for sharing. Dr. Salama

Can’t deny the precision of placement...very cool. However, Why not place two implants at the correct trajectory and a more favorable buccal plate thickness? - thank you for sharing -

There is no doubt this is the tough case. Very precise placement, although very high risk for buccal bone loss. Also the size of the implant is too small , compared to the size of the missing tooth. I would consider doing an FPD instead.

There are certainly many other options to this case, as to the comment on the size of the implant, I feel ( following Misch and others guidance ) that 8 and 10 mm implants are now normal size implants. Thanks Bill

KLS Martin
Augma Bio